This Privacy Notice lets you know what happens to any Personal Data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you.
Who we are and who is responsible for your Personal Data
Financing Enterprise Limited (FE), trading as Financing Start Up Enterprise, Financing Sharia Enterprise and Financing Your Enterprise is a Delivery Partner of the United Kingdom’s Government Backed Start Up Loans scheme. Although linked through contract with the Start Up Loans Company which is a wholly owned subsidiary of British Business Finance Ltd which itself is a subsidiary of British Business Bank PLC (BBB) we are a separate entity owned in and of ourselves with no official ties to the UK Government or BBB.
Further information regarding Start Up Loans can be found on www.startuploans.co.uk.
Financing Enterprise are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as brokers under the FCA registration number 754697
The Company is registered in England and Wales with company number 06620363, whose registered office is: Financing Enterprise, 3 George Mews, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 6JA.
This Privacy Notice explains how we use the Personal Data that we receive, collect or generate in relation to our services and products and through our website www.fsue.co.uk (the “Website”).
In this Privacy Notice “Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the Company (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of the Company or any other person in respect of an individual.
Personal information collected
We do not collect information from visitors to this website other than through use of online forms / email hyperlinks and every time you email us your details.
We will not collect additional information automatically about your visit to our website such as which pages you visit however pages linked to externally may do so.
We may also collect information from third parties, including the Company’s Finance Partners and Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) to make a decision about the products and services we offer. Any credit reference check carried out will leave a footprint on your file which may be seen by other lenders. Your consent will be obtained before conducting a credit reference check.
We may also make checks with Fraud Protection Agencies regarding your account.
You can contact the Credit Reference Agencies currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. It is possible they will charge you a small statutory fee.
- TransUnion (formally known as CallCredit), Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or visit myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or visit experian.co.uk
Type of Personal Data Collected
Whether or not you become a customer, we will use your personal data for the reasons set out below (How we use your Personal Data). You will need to provide us with the following information, which we may also collect from third parties to apply for finance.
- Full Name
- Address history
- Email address (personal, business)
- Telephone numbers (mobile, home number, business number)
- Date of Birth, age
- Financial details (bank account details, financial accounts, salary, details of their income)
- Information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, electoral roll, court records of debt judgements and bankruptcies and other publicly available sources as well as information in any financial associates you may have.
- Education and employment history
- National Insurance Number
- Gender, Ethnicity for monitoring and equal opportunities purpose.
- Correspondence as well as other data we collect relating to your activity with SWIG Finance.
How we use your personal data
- dealing with your inquiries and requests
- providing and personalising our services
- assessing your eligibility for loan finance
- administering accounts relating to our customers
- administering membership records
- crime prevention and prosecution of offenders
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
- carrying out market research
- providing you with information about products and services
We will use the information we receive from credit reference agencies and fraud protection agencies to:
- assess your application for credit
- check details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- verify your identity and the identity of partners or directors, only if they are a party to your application
- undertake checks for the prevention and detection of crime and/or money laundering
- managing your personal and/or business account (if you have one) with us and undertaking periodic statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products or services
- complaint handling
We may use automated scoring methods to assess your application and to verify your identity.
We may use your information for case studies that we produce which will then be used for advertising and marketing purposes. We will obtain your consent to do this.
You have a right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you (with the exception of the assessment of your application). Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see so that we can locate it.
Request that we update and correct any out-of-date or inaccurate personal data we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 8366 8244 or writing to us at Financing Enterprise, 3 George Mews, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 6JA.
Sharing your personal data
Subject to application data protection law, we may share your personal data with;
- Start Up Loans Company and British Business Bank
- Subcontractors and other persons who help us provide our products and services
- Companies and persons providing service to us
- Our legal and professional advisors, including our auditors
- Fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies and debt collection agencies
- Other organisations who use shared data bases for managing applications
- Organisations that provide business support
- Government bodies and agencies
- Funders and fund contractors
How long your data will be kept?
Successful Loan Applicant details: a maximum period of six years after you have fulfilled all loan payment obligations or until 2030 whichever is longest.
Unsuccessful Loan Applicants details: a maximum of six years after loan application rejection;
Mentor Details: a maximum of 2 years after request to take them off our scheme.
How your data will not be used
- your data will not be used to create a “blacklist”
- your data will not be sold
If using a data capture form
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our data capture form. If you would like to be removed from any database or update your preferences please email us at email@example.com, call us on 020 8366 8244 or you can write to us.
We will not send you marketing information unless you have explicitly opted to receive such information.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, use the link provided in email to unsubscribe or call us on 020 8366 8244. Alternatively, you can also write to us.
We will not share your data with third parties except as required to do so by fund contractors, government bodies/agencies and law enforcement agents. Start Up Loan applicant’s information may be shared with a Finance Partner (“The Enterprise Fund Limited ta Business Finance Solutions”).
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
By telephone -8366 8244 (selection option 2)
By email – email@example.com
Financing Enterprise Limited
3 George Mews